I know my blog posts are more like picture albums, but I'm better at taking photos than creative writing.
We left the snow for as far south in the continental USA that we could possibly go...The Keys, FL! We stayed on Ramrod/Summerland Key which was about 20-30 minutes north of Key West. The entire Davidson/Reese family (except John) went. John sent Molly K which we thought was a better trade anyway :) He had some business to take care of. We missed you Big Bad John!!!
This was my favorite pic of the trip. Cousins! I heard that alot on this trip. "Where are my cousins?" First thing in the morning..."can I go see my cousins?" E became very fond of the "bacasion (vacation) house".
E assuring Hunt that the waves were "otay".
I was a little...ok...alot nervous about the flight there. I took the boys to the doctor the thursday before we left and GW still had an ear infection in one ear and E had fluid bulging in both ears. Hello high altitude!! They both did great! Graham slept about half of the flight thanks to Sasa's magic touch and E didn't seem to be bothered at all thanks to Aunt Molly's cool new ipad.
The airport with 2 babies, 2 "little boys", 2 "big boys", 6 adults and what seemed like a gazillion suitcases and bags. Whew! No traveling light for this crew.
Afternoons naps in the Expedition...leaving Miami!
Driving across the 7 mile bridge on our way south! The other older bridge in the picture is no longer functional.
Our first day...Bahia Honda Beach. Lots of seaweed but a beach nonetheless.
Molly K decided to shovel the seaweed to make a path to the beach.
Davidson and Jud were the only 2 brave enough to actually get all the way in the water...it was chilly.
A little sandcastle action. Jud, Davidson, Easton & Hunt.
Molly J and Molly K looking sleek in their shades :)
Matt decide to take the kayak out for a spin. This was the canal behind the house we stayed in.
Of course the boys had to ride too.
The Conch Train in Key West. It was fun to hear the history of Key West and see all the beautiful homes. A little advice for nursing mothers...do not try to nurse a baby in a tourist shuttle. Very uncomfortable for everyone involved.
Colt was all smiles as usual!
Southernmost point in the continental US.
ICE CREAM!!
More smiles by Colt!
A serious game of putt putt. Jud & Molly K.
Easton
Davidson
Hunt
2nd day at the beach. This time it was just Molly K, Hunt & E and me. Sasa stayed with the babies for a couple hours and the rest of the crew went fishing out in the ocean most of the day. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the fish they caught but they were yummy! We took them to a restaurant that night that cooked them for us.
The boys had fun building castles, jumping the waves and chasing the seagulls....we had a little picnic...and then we were chased by seagulls and things got a little dramatic. Lesson learned...careful bringing food to the beach. Hungry seagulls show no mercy, right Molly K ;)
The day at the Dolphin Research Center on the Grassy Key. Flipper trained here. The dolphins were so cute. They put on a show for us! The boys were enthralled...see below!
So cute!!
This was Easton's favorite part. They played football and basketball. He is still talking about this.What's that?! An Iguana I guess. These creatures just roam free! Molly K and Sarah spotted one outside the house.
Chickens roam free too! Kinda funny how they are just walking the streets of Key West. All kinds of "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes to be had.
Oh yeah...and this was a pretty little lizard that scared me to death when I went to throw away my drink.The "big boys". Not sure how we are going to describe them when the "little boys" get bigger.
Hunt and Colt. Colt is almost 1!
Silly Hunt doing a little turtle dance!
Our last night in the Keys we went to No Name Cafe. The entire place is covered and I mean covered in $1 bills. It is estimated that there are between 60 and $70,000 of them!
The only 2 pictures that prove I was on the vacation...
Graham is getting so big! Almost 6 months in this pic! This sweet boy did great on his 2nd vacation...except at night. Between E and daddy snoring it is hard to get a good nights rest. He sleeps as light as I do.
The last photo of the trip...E got to go into the cockpit when we landed in Nashville.
Thanks, family, for another exciting vacation! I loved being surrounded by the ocean, the palm trees, warm weather and watching the boys experience new things. It was wonderfully exhausting! Don't kid yourself...it was a vacation but nothing relaxing about it :) Those of you who travel with kids know this first hand. Not to mention I spent most every night trying to keep GW from waking up E and the rest of the family. His sleep schedule still hasn't recovered from the mastitis and ear infection. Oh well, I figure if I'm going to lose sleep, it might as well be in good company in The Keys.
Thanks Sasa and Gonnie...for the house and for the meals! I didn't realize we were staying at a bed and breakfast but I LOVED it! Coming downstairs every morning to a full cooked breakfast was worth all the miles. I enjoyed starting and ending each day together.
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE vacation, but it's always good to be home. Now I just have to get this baby back to sleeping through the night!
2 comments:
Tiffany, this was so fun to look at! I feel the pain of not being in any pictures. Hopefully our children will remember us anyway :) your family makes me smile , thanks for allowing me a peek into your world.
So jealous...I love the Keys! Although I have never been brave enough to venture that trip with babies. We almost took David with us last year and at the last minute, we cancelled his flight! Yep, I am a terrible mother. Seeing your pics makes me want to get them to the beach!
Post a Comment